[Python-ideas] A tree data structure for Python

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Feb 18 21:07:29 EST 2016

Stephan, you can't just request a new stdlib module and expect someone
to make one for you. Is there an existing PyPI package that you think
is mature enough to add to the stdlib? Then say so. If you want to
write one yourself, go right ahead. But this thread has run its
course.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Stephan Foley <foley12723 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> It won't happen as there are far too many conflicting options, see for
>> example the list here http://kmike.ru/python-data-structures/
>
> Cool site...I once programmed a trie in Python. As for the trees, my
> request is for a very specific tree...a n-ary or multiway tree. The
> other trees listed, like red-black and binary, are for sorting and
> searching efficiently. A Patricia-Tree is actually a trie. BTrees are
> for external storage.

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)