[Python-ideas] VT100 style escape codes in Windows

Joseph Hackman josephhackman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:33:20 EST 2016

The quick answer is that the MSDN doc indicates support from windows 2000
onward, with no notes for partial compatability:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms686033(v=vs.85).aspx

I'll build a Windows 7 VM to test.

I believe Python 3.6 is only supported on Vista+ and 3.7 would be Windows
7+ only?