[Python-ideas] a multiProcess scheduler

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 07:13:12 EDT 2016

On 29 August 2016 at 15:53, Thales filizola costa <thalesfc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> I have just checked all the links you posted, they are indeed very
> interesting and very efficient. However, I think those are very complicate
> in terms of installation and setup, and I still see a lot of usages for a
> multi-process scheduler.

Potentially, but one of the big challenges you'll face is to establish
how it differs from using asyncio in the current process to manage
tasks dispatched to other processes via run_in_executor, and when
specifically it would be useful thing for a developer to have in the
builtin toolkit (vs being something they can install from PyPI).

Don't get me wrong, I think it's really cool that you were able to
implement this - there's just a big gap between "implementing this was
useful to me" and "this is sufficiently useful in a wide enough range
of cases not otherwise addressed by the standard library that it
should be added as a new standard application building block".

Cheers,
Nick.