[Python-ideas] From mailing list to GitHub issues

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Aug 15 01:21:48 EDT 2016

On 8/13/2016 1:40 PM, Arek Bulski wrote:
> Praise the guide! (Guido)
>
> ​GitHub issues are also delivered by email, with full post content.
> Guido and others will be satisfied.

The mailing lists are currently mirrored on news.gmane.org, though that
could change. This works great for me.  The tracker mailings to my
mailbox (only for issues I signup for) also work for me.  Github issues
would not be mirrored, and my experience with getting email just for the
devguide tracker left a negative impression with me.

The one plus to me would be the reduction of quoting.

--
Terry Jan Reedy