[Python-ideas] A tuple of various Python suggestions

Berker Peksağ berker.peksag at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 06:38:02 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:24 AM, Keith Curtis <keithcu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was teasing about you guys not being paid professionals, however, it
> appears that very few of you have the goal of getting the official bug
> count down.

While I understand your point, it's more complicated than that. I
spent some of my weekends to close/commit old issues on
bugs.python.org and unfortunately I can say that issue triaging is one
of the most unrewarding (you will probably get a "oh so it took three
years to commit a two lines patch?" or "wow it took only two years to
notice my problem" response) and time consuming (you will spend at
least 30 minutes to understand what the issue is about) tasks in open
source development.

--Berker