[Python-ideas] PEP471 - (os.scandir())

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:40:21 EST 2015

On 30 November 2015 at 09:12, Andrew Barnert <abarnert at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I still think providing an fts-like API instead of os.walk would be the clearest way to provide cached data (especially since people could look up nice generic documentation on fts).

As a Windows user I'm not familiar with fts (and Google didn't come up
with anything obvious). So I'm not sure how true "people could look up
generic docuimentation" would be in practice. But from your
description it may be useful - I presume it's something that could be
built as a 3rd party library based on os.scandir, at least as an
initial proof of concept?

Paul