[Python-ideas] Cmake as build system

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun May 24 02:32:18 CEST 2015

On 24 May 2015 09:44, "Ryan Gonzalez" <rymg19 at gmail.com> wrote:

> No worries. Most of my ideas still get vetoed in 10 minutes. :)

Having a place to publish those is a big part of the reason this list
exists, though.

Even when we ultimately decide an idea *isn't* worth pursuing, the pay-off
is having both a pool of contributors that appreciate the problems with the
idea, as well as a permanent public record of the related discussion.

And that's before we even get to the fact that the first step in having
good ideas is simply having lots of ideas to consider for refinement. Folks
that would prefer to focus their limited time on the
at-least-potentially-plausible suggestions have the option of just
following python-dev and skipping python-ideas entirely. (Respecting that
is why we try to be fairly strict in redirecting more speculative
discussions back here rather than letting them continue indefinitely on
python-dev)

Cheers,
Nick.