[Python-ideas] Rewriting the build system (part 2)

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Mon Mar 16 19:33:23 CET 2015

Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19 at ...> writes:
> I hate most tools that ship with configure scripts because 70% of the time
some stupid test does some stupid thing wrong and gives the worst errors,
29% of the time the configure system doesn't pick up my options correctly,
and 1% of the time it actually *works*.

That's just not true.  Also, the small build issue that triggered
this thread is already tracked here:

   http://bugs.python.org/issue22625

It seems more productive to me to fix that rather than rewrite the
build system.  Users don't have an unlimited tolerance for pointless
churn.

Stefan Krah