[Python-ideas] A different format for PI?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Jul 24 03:39:14 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 08:18:17PM -0500, Wes Turner wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2015 1:52 PM, "Steven D'Aprano" <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 01:16:00PM -0500, Abe Dillon wrote:
> > > Is there a forum or something similar related to python-ideas? If there
> > > isn't, I think there should be.
> >
> > Do you mean a web forum? This is an email forum.
> >
> > No, there's no web forum yet, but at some time in the not-too-distant
> > future, the Hyperkitty web interface to Mailman3 may be deployed. For
> > now, it's email only.
>
> How do I link this to "[Python-Dev] Devguide - Add Communications Quick
> Start Section"?

I don't understand your question. Are you asking for a link to a web
interface that doesn't exist yet? Come back in a year or three when
Hyperkitty is actually deployed, and we can give a url to it.

In the meantime, the old pipermail interface still works, although
unfortunately the urls aren't guaranteed to be stable, they can
occasionally change and break hyperlinks. Sad but true.

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2015-July/140856.html

Gmane mirrors the mailing list:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.devel/154038

As does ActiveState:

http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-dev/137242/

There's also a Google Groups mirror, although navigating it to
individual messages and extracting stable urls is painful):

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/dev-python

With the possible exception of the Google Groups mirror, none of these
are web forums -- you can't post from the web archive. In the future,
Hyperkitty will change that.

--
Steve