[Python-ideas] PEP 485: A Function for testing approximate equality

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 17:19:01 CET 2015

On 27/01/2015 16:07, Paul Moore wrote:
> On 27 January 2015 at 15:56, Ron Adam <ron3200 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Would it help if it was consistent order wise with other python functions
>> such as is_instance?
>
> /me tries to remember the order of arguments for isinstance and fails :-)
> Paul

Can you remember how to do this?

 >>> help(isinstance)
Help on built-in function isinstance in module builtins:

isinstance(obj, class_or_tuple, /)
     Return whether an object is an instance of a class or of a subclass
thereof.

     A tuple, as in ``isinstance(x, (A, B, ...))``, may be given as the
target to check against. This is equivalent to ``isinstance(x, A) or
isinstance(x, B) or ...`` etc.

Or do you need help :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence