[Python-ideas] PEP 485: A Function for testing approximate equality

Juancarlo Añez apalala at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 14:24:09 CET 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 3:36 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info>
wrote:

> I do not agree that it is ready for review.
>
> I think you have rushed to decide that this needs a PEP, rushed the
> preparation of the PEP, and now you have rushed the request for review.
> What's the hurry?
>
> As it stands with the decisions you have made, I cannot support this PEP
> even though I support the basic idea.

Mmmm... That seemed kind of dogmatic...

This thread has been going on for long. I prefer the PEP because it is a
concrete proposal. Even if it is rejected, the reasons for the rejection
will be documented, so people can be referred to the document instead of
spinning this wheel again.

Cheers,

--
Juancarlo *Añez*