[Python-ideas] PEP 484 (Type Hints) -- first draft round

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jan 18 03:27:08 CET 2015

Cem Karan <cfkaran2 at gmail.com> writes:

> […] I feel like annotations have the capability to be MUCH more useful
> than just as a place to hold type hints.

They have that capability. How long do you propose we wait for this
capability to be realised?

Function annotations have been part of Python since version 3.0, and
Guido (IIUC) is deciding that the wait is over: we already have the best
use of function annotations we're going to get.

--
 \        “I went to the hardware store and bought some used paint. It |
  `\                      was in the shape of a house.” —Steven Wright |