[Python-ideas] Encouraging more use of the Python wiki (was: Adding `pathlib.Path` method that would send file to recycle bin)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 5 02:22:35 CET 2015

Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> writes:

> On the other hand, a number of pages on the Wiki are either completely
> out of date because nobody cares about them or need to be locked
> because too many people care about it and they fight over which
> project should be named as recommended.

In recent years (I noticed this since about 2013), the Python wiki does
not offer an “Edit” function when I am logged in; every page presents
“Immutable Page” instead.

That has prevented me from improving pages I've wanted to. And no, I
haven't gone to the effort of constructing a bug report for this.
Perhaps the same is true for many other logged-in users as well?

--
 \          “It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one |
  `\   trifling exception, is composed of others.” —John Andrew Holmes |