[Python-ideas] Hooks into the IO system to intercept raw file reads/writes

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 11:44:59 CET 2015

>> Which code samples? I tried to ensure that all code snippets in
>> asyncio doc and all examples in Tulip repository call loop.close().
>
> For example, in
> https://docs.python.org/dev/library/asyncio-dev.html#detect-exceptions-never-consumed
> the first example doesn't close the loop. Neither of the fixes given
> close the loop either.

Oh ok, I forgot two examples. It's now fixed:
https://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/05bd5ec8365e

Tell me if you see more examples where I forgot to explicitly close
the event loop.

> Hmm, so if I write a server and hit Ctrl-C to exit it, what happens?
> That's how non-asyncio things like http.server typically let the user
> quit.

When possible, it's better to register a signal handler to ask to stop
the event loop.

(Oh, I forgot this old thread about hooking I/O! You should start a
new thread if you would like to talk about asyncio!)

Victor