[Python-ideas] [PEP8] Predicate consistency

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Feb 6 18:20:00 CET 2015

On Feb 06, 2015, at 07:21 AM, Marco Buttu wrote:

>I am not so crazy ;) I am just proposing a clear rule for predicates in order
>to avoid, _in the future_, inconsistency with the current general rule.

IMHO, there's nothing special about predicates.  All else being equal, new
APIs would benefit from using underscores between words for all multi-word
methods.  But sure, there are lots of reasons why some of our APIs don't
follow that guideline.  Some of those reasons are good, some are not so good
<wink>.

I still think it's the right guideline to promote.

Cheers,
-Barry