[Python-ideas] Contiguous-array-based ordering for OrderedDict

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 17:47:21 EST 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Franklin? Lee wrote:
>>
>> I feel similarly about information history, which is why I always set
>> "Expire: Never" when I use pastebin :D.
>

> Never is a long time. In this context it really means
> "as long as pastebin itself continues to exist", which
> could be less than the time the python mailing list
> archives continue to exist.

Or, more simply: As long as pastebin is accessible. It's entirely
possible to create an offline archive of python-ideas posts (whether
you see it as a mailing list or a newsgroup), and then to browse it at
a time when you have no internet connection. That archive will be
incomplete to the value of all externally-linked content.

ChrisA