[Python-ideas] Draft PEP on string interpolation

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 01:12:50 CEST 2015

On 25 August 2015 at 23:36, Mike Miller <python-ideas at mgmiller.net> wrote:
> The e-string object and .escape(escape_function) method could still be
> useful for manual use though, do you agree?

I'm not sure. The principle of having something like that makes sense
(more than just sense, it's highly useful), but DB-api functions have
been more or less doing that for years with the cursor("select * from
foo where bar = ?") approach. I'm not clear how much advantage new
syntax gives. I'll have to actually read the proposal in more detail
to really say.

Paul