[Python-ideas] pep-0484 - Forward references and Didactics - be orthogonal

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Tue Aug 25 00:55:59 CEST 2015

On 24.08.2015 06:19, Prof. Dr. L. Humbert wrote:
> At this very moment (python 3.5rc1), it is not possible, but we need it,
> so the construction will be orthogonal from the point of view for
> students(!) - _one_ concept should work in different circumstances.

How about not using type hints when teaching the basics of trees?

Type hints do not replace good variables names. What about using
left_tree instead of left and right_tree instead of right?
That should simplify the example for the students, remove advanced
concepts and teach them something about right naming (conventions) which
is desirable these days when looking at production code (readability,
maintainability and so forth).

Regards,
Sven R. Kunze