[Python-ideas] Draft PEP on string interpolation

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Aug 24 03:24:59 CEST 2015

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 08:35:17PM -0400, Eric V. Smith wrote:

> I think the string interpolation object is interesting. It's basically
> what Petr Viktorin and Chris Angelico discussed and suggested here:
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2015-August/035303.html.

Are you sure that's the right URL? It seems only barely relevant to me.
It has Chris replying to Petr, but it's a vague suggestion of a "quantum
string interpolation" (Chris' words) with no details. He asks:

"How hard would this be to implement? Something that isn't a string,
retains all the necessary information, and then collapses to a string
when someone looks at it?"

I looked ahead a dozen or two posts, and can't see any further
discussion. Have I missed something?

--
Steve