[Python-ideas] pip list shows "name meta info of the package" which is of no use

shiva prasanth kesavarapu.siva at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 09:52:44 CEST 2015

i just learned decorators and i'm in a verge of asking why no decorators
for objects
thanks for helping me understand the concept of decorators. it was very
helpful.

suppose let us say we installed pyjnius using pip.
when i'm trying to import pyjnius it shows
>>>import pyjnius
>>>`ImportError:` No module named pyjnius

pip list does shows that pyjnius but there is no info about how it should
be  imported.

i think we should be adding that functionality so that we dont have to
google around to know in which way should be imported.

pip freeze shows the version not.
pip show : shows the meta info of every thing except the pymodule's thing

let us say if pip list shows info like
pip list
<name> (<version>) <importname(module/package>

then it should be very helpful for coders

i also think of pip moduletree which will shows the package structure of
the package.(like pstree in unix shell)
but noone was interested .
i anyone was interested. i want to do it and submit