[Python-ideas] Is this group via google groups read only?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 09:31:20 CEST 2015

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Thomas Güttler
<guettliml at thomas-guettler.de> wrote:
> If the majority of python-ideas users would vote for "don't mirror this
> list",
> then AFAIK google has not the right to do the mirroring. The owner
> if this list is python.org, not google.

I don't know that this is true. The list archive is open, so I think
anyone has the right to mirror it (though I may be wrong on that); in
any case, "a majority of users" would not be the governing force
behind anything. Even "a majority of posters" (which would be
infinitely easier to calculate) isn't the government of this list. I'm
not sure who _does_ own the list, but my guess would be either the PSF
or some entity representing the Python community in some other way.

ChrisA