[Python-ideas] Outside the box string formatting idea

Mike Miller python-ideas at mgmiller.net
Mon Aug 10 00:14:01 CEST 2015

My take:

On 08/09/2015 02:20 PM, Ron Adam wrote:
> It may be possible to do that in this case as an actual expression rather than
> as a string and still get most of the benefits.  Shorter more compressed isn't
> always better when it comes to readability.

Really the idea here is brevity.  The long-form versions are still available if
they would be better in a particular instance.

 > (% 'result =' foo())

I found these interesting, reminds me of polish notation.  However these would
need enhancements to syntax as it would be currently invalid.   f'' is likely
easier to implement w/o syntax changes.  Also, it doesn't look much like python.

Cheers,
-Mike