[Python-ideas] String interpolation for all literal strings

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 21:33:05 CEST 2015

Hello,

On Wed, 05 Aug 2015 14:56:52 -0400
"Eric V. Smith" <eric at trueblade.com> wrote:

> In the "Briefer string format" thread, Guido suggested [1] in passing
> that it would have been nice if all literal strings had always
> supported string interpolation.

Cute! Wonder, how many more years we have to wait till Guido says that
it would have been nice to support stream syntax and braces compound
statements right from the beginning. Just imagine full power of lambdas
in our hands! Arghhh! With all unbelievable goodness being pushed into
the language nowadays, someone should really start pushing into
direction of supporting alternative syntaxes.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com