[Python-ideas] async/await in Python (C API ?)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Apr 20 15:18:28 CEST 2015

Hi Yury,

do you have any plans of also exposing an easy to use C API
for async and await ?

I think this would be useful to e.g. implement asynchronous
database access. Most of those adapters are written in C and
need so a C API would help a lot with this.

A problem I ran to with e.g. gevent is that it's not easy
to use the available async APIs from C, even less so for
systems like the ODBC API which require the use of polling
for async processing and which don't give you access to e.g.
tap into long running parts of the communication (sockets, etc.)
which gevent does at the Python level.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 20 2015)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/