[Python-ideas] Python 3.9.9 - The 'I Have A Dream' Version

Simon Kennedy sffjunkie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:54:52 CEST 2015

On Wednesday, 15 April 2015 14:22:10 UTC+1, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> I believe the distinction you want is "data" versus "code", or
> perhaps "values" versus "functions".
>
> The trouble is that in Python, functions are values too. You can pass a
> function to a function and manipulate it. The term usually used to
> describe this is "functions are first-class values".

This is probably what I should have used "First class values"

> This is a feature,
> not a problem to be fixed. In my opinion, any programming language which
> separates "data" from "code" is a language not worth using.

Oh I agree, it's one the best parts of Python.

Not everything in the doc is something that needs to be changed. In fact I
think the actual Python language is almost perfect. Simplicity and elegance
yet powerful.

That part was just an attempt to document the current state of the language
(though I admit poorly articulated)