[Python-ideas] Things I wish Pip learned from Npm

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu May 8 01:09:44 CEST 2014

On 8 May 2014 06:41, "alonn" <alonisser at gmail.com> wrote:

> A "Rant" I wrote about pip and npm.  Maybe someone would find this
interesting or even useful in thinking on Pip's future.

> I would like to stress that this is really not meant to hurt anyone and
in particular the great members of this open source community who bear the
burden of developing and maintaining Pip.

> https://medium.com/devops-programming/f712fa26f5bc

While MAL is correct that distutils-sig is a better list, I also suggest
reading packaging.python.org and the referenced PEPs (especially PEP 426),
along with articles like http://lwn.net/Articles/580399/ to come up to
speed with the current state of play in the Python packaging ecosystem.

Cheers,
Nick.