[Python-ideas] Things I wish Pip learned from Npm

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed May 7 22:48:29 CEST 2014

On 07.05.2014 22:40, alonn wrote:
> A "Rant" I wrote about pip and npm.  Maybe someone would find this
> interesting or even useful in thinking on Pip's future.
>
> I would like to stress that this is really not meant to hurt anyone and in
> particular the great members of this open source community who bear the
> burden of developing and maintaining Pip.
>
> https://medium.com/devops-programming/f712fa26f5bc

Please note that you should probably post this to the pip mailing
list and/or the distutils list.

python-ideas is about ideas for Python itself and even though Python 3.4
includes bootstrap code to install pip, pip itself is not developed by
the Python Core Devs.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 07 2014)
2014-04-24: Released mxODBC.Connect 2.0.5 ...     http://egenix.com/go55

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/