[Python-ideas] Nested dictionaries

Masklinn masklinn at masklinn.net
Sat Mar 29 21:23:12 CET 2014

On 2014-03-29, at 20:43 , Richard Prosser <richard.prosser at mail.com> wrote:

> Maybe so but it is not straightforward and therefore IMO not "Pythonic".

I don't believe autovivification to be pythonic in the first place[0].
Python making you roll your own thus feels sensible.

> I really don't understand the objections that are being raised. What is wrong with being able to use a simple expression?
>

> Richard
> PS Thanks for the responses everyone but it would nice if someone agreed with my proposal!

[0] Steven already mentioned "flat is better than nested", but "explicit
    is better than implicit" also applies. To the surprise of no one,
    using autovivification is idiomatic perl.