[Python-ideas] OrderedDict literals

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Wed Mar 19 23:01:20 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014, at 17:24, Eric Snow wrote:
> FYI I'm working on a proposal to support preserving the call order of
> **kwargs.  This would allow initializing an OrderedDict correctly
> using keyword args.  I may have something to show for it by the end of
> the PyCon sprints.

I know that it's possible to support this* in dict, but is kwargs
required to be a dict? What route are you going: modify dict to allow
this and require dict to support it; make a new class for kwargs and
require this behavior of kwargs; modify dict on CPython to allow it but
only require that kwargs support it "somehow" on non-CPython?

*where "this" is e.g. "preservation of original insertion order for
iterating when there have been no deletions"