[Python-ideas] except expression

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 23:16:35 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 4:37 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
>> (By the way, Steven, what on earth is a Thin Mint that could cause
>> your eating to be so exceptional that your stomach explodes? The mind
>> boggles...)
>
> It's a Monty Python reference. It's actually a wafer-thin afterdinner
> mint.

Huh. I thought I was at least broadly familiar with MP, but that one's
slipped me. Time to dig around on Youtube, I think!

In some contexts, the unfamiliar will send people to the dictionary
[1]. Around the Python lists, the unfamiliar can send people to
Youtube. I think that's doing fairly well. :)

ChrisA

[1] See eg the Dec 18th comment here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lukewilson/500-old-christian-books-republished/comments