[Python-ideas] except expression

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 13:00:02 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 10:54 PM, Ram Rachum <ram at rachum.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 10:36 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Personally, I quite like "EXPR except EXCEPTIONTYPE return VALUE" if
>> > we have to stick with existing keywords. If I had free rein I might go
>> > for a new keyword "then" instead of "return".
>>
>> Hmm. Stupid idea:
>>
>> EXPR expr EXCEPTIONTYPE pass VALUE
>>
>> Passing something is kinda like returning it, right? *ducks the rotten
>> tomatoes*
>
> http://i.imgur.com/xk003.gif

Do you mean my idea is win, or the notion of throwing rotten tomatoes
at me is win? I'm inclined to the latter theory :)

Oh, and that should be "EXPR except EXCEPTIONTYPE", of course. I
wasn't sure if I'd clicked Send or not, edited, and reclicked Send, so
you may have a corrected copy as well as that one. But you knew
already what it ought to have been.

ChrisA