[Python-ideas] Optional Static Typing -- the Python Way

Gregory Salvan apieum at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 18:43:00 CEST 2014

> I'll admit that I could be off on some of this. It's hard to discuss
anything beyond the basics without either getting formal (which I don't
think anyone wants) or providing some
> realistic examples of where you might want to runtime-check against an
annotation (which I think would be very useful, if anyone has one).

The use case I see is functions composition.
I think, it's interesting to check at compile time if 2 functions can be
composed and at runtime if given arguments are valid.

: