[Python-ideas] Browser for mailing lists

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 15:49:34 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:01 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> GMane survives on sponsorship and donations. If we're sending more and
> more people to use that service, perhaps we can suggest supporting them
> financially too?

GMane is a good project, but is it open source? Does it help people to raise
expertise in Python, train they skills and in the end contribute to engineer
the next generation scripting language?

I thought that the goal of Python folks as a community is to encourage
collaboration, reuse and exchange of experience. In the regard I expected
people to propose integrating something like
https://bitbucket.org/mchaput/whoosh/wiki/Home
and discussing what is required to make it possible.
--
anatoly t.