[Python-ideas] Extremely weird itertools.permutations

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 15:11:42 CEST 2013

On 14 October 2013 13:37, Neil Girdhar <mistersheik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually I didn't notice that.  It seems weird to find erf in math, but erf
> for complex numbers in scipy.special.  It's just about organization and user
> discovery.  I realize that from the developer's point of view, erf for
> complex numbers is complicated, but why does the user care?

This is the first time I've seen a suggestion that there should be
cmath.erf. So I would say that most users don't care about having a
complex error function. Whoever would take the time to implement the
complex error function might instead spend that time implementing and
maintaining something that users do care about.

Oscar