[Python-ideas] PEP 426, YAML in the stdlib and implementation discovery

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri May 31 20:00:07 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Fri, 31 May 2013 18:35:43 +0200
"Philipp A." <flying-sheep at web.de> wrote:

> What do you think?
>
> Is there a reason for not including a YAML lib that i didn’t cover?

As for many topics, the #1 reason is that nobody proposed such an
inclusion. By *proposing*, we do not mean just emitting the idea as you
did (which is of course fine), but drafting a concrete proposal (under
the form of a Python Enhancement Proposal), and promising - or finding
someone else willing to promise - to handle maintenance and bugfixing
of the new stdlib module within our development community (not
eternally of course, but a couple of years would be nice so as to iron
out most issues).

Regards

Antoine.