[Python-ideas] [Spam] Re: Anonymous blocks (again):

Haoyi Li haoyi.sg at gmail.com
Wed May 15 12:48:37 CEST 2013

I would be lying if i I wasn't personally turned off a bit by Stepehen
Turnbull's post, and I think most of us were, so let's not beat around the
bush saying "but *technically*... we didn't mentioned his *name*..." the
context was clear enough. It was more-or-less in reference to what he said
even if we didn't say so explicitly.

I think it is clear to all of us that it was his post that sparked off my
#soapboxing, and we can talk about the reasons why it can be interpreted as
chasing people away (I don't think that's up for debate), whether he meant
it that way or not. It's probably to do with the "python doesn't need you,
go use another language" motif, but I won't do any further literary
analysis on the sentences.

But he's apologized, so any personal offense that was taken has now been
discarded =)