[Python-ideas] Anonymous blocks (again):

Jonathan Eunice jonathan.eunice at gmail.com
Mon May 13 22:19:52 CEST 2013

That many Python functions don't produce useful values makes
it difficult or impossible to do "chained" or "fluent" operations a la
JavaScript or Perl.

I love that Python avoids "expression soup" and long run-on
invocations, but the lack of appreciable support for "fluency" or even
a smidgeon of functional style seems to regularly "verticalize"
Python code, with several lines required do common things, such as
fully construct / initialize / setup an object.

Apologize if this seems tangential. To me it seems related to some
of the examples in this thread where Python pushes configuration
statements/calls oddly after the related code block.