[Python-ideas] PEP: Extended stat_result (First Draft)

Pieter Nagel pieter at nagel.co.za
Mon May 6 15:46:53 CEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 15:33 +0200, Christian Heimes wrote:

> For POSIX you safely ignore the issue as long as you just use the
> S_ISxxx() functions from the stat module. I'll take care of the rest.

At this point I'm not sure if it will be best to implement this change
to stat_result in C or Python, so I'm not sure if I can us your new stat
code.

I noted with interest that the thread you linked to advocated that the
stat module should be deprecated, and in a way that is what my PEP here
does - at least in the sense of providing an alternative.

--
Pieter Nagel