[Python-ideas] Proposal for Algorithms Library

Akshit Agarwal akshit.jiit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:06:33 CET 2013

I am new to Python Community but I am using Python from around 1 year and I
love to do coding on Python.

Now I want to introduce an idea that I think should be there in Python
which is I want to start working on a *"Algorithms Library"* which would be
containing all basic Algorithms in its Intial Phase and then we can include
all Algorithms which are listed in Introduction to Algorithms by CLRS and
further extending to all possible algorithms which should be included.

Implementing this will be very good for Python as Algorithms are used
everywhere and developers have to spent a lot of their time in implementing
the common algorithms which will be reduced as they will then be able to
use them directly importing from Python which will also increase Python
user's.

I had just started contributing in Open Source and had contributed in
SymPy's Symbols Function but now I want to do the above stated work as a
Project in "*Google Summer Of Code 2013 in Python*".

I need help from Community that how should I start working on it to do this
in GSOC 2013.

Akshit Agarwal