[Python-ideas] [Python-Dev] Unicode minus sign in numeric conversions

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Jun 13 13:30:27 CEST 2013

On 13.06.2013 13:18, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> I think this whole thread has gone pretty far afield, though. The
> original question was whether 'int("-1") == int("-\{MINUS SIGN}1")'
> should hold, and I agree with Lukasz and MAL that it should. I'm only
> +0 on the other characters MAL mentioned, though (FULLWIDTH PLUS SIGN,
> SUPERSCRIPT PLUS SIGN, SUPERSCRIPT MINUS).

FYI:

The discussion of the original request is now continuing on this
ticket: http://bugs.python.org/issue10581

I like Alexander's idea with using normalization. We'd only have
to solve the potential performance issue for the much more common
ASCII case.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 13 2013)
2013-07-01: EuroPython 2013, Florence, Italy ...           18 days to go
2013-07-16: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                 33 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/