[Python-ideas] Idea for new multi-line triple quote literal

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 12:16:02 CEST 2013

On 1 Jul 2013 20:01, "Serhiy Storchaka" <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:

> 01.07.13 04:47, Nick Coghlan написав(ла):
>
>> 4. I dedent and indent long strings more often than I capitalize,
>> center, tab expand, or perform various other operations which already
>> grace the str type as methods.
>

> The str type already has many rarely used methods, so let's add a couple
more. It doesn't look good argument.

I almost left that point out, as I kinda feel the same way. OTOH, I want
indent pretty much every time I write a script that invokes other command
line tools, and I'm serious about the possibility of having the compiler
implicitly dedent docstrings once the method support exists to make it
practical.

Cheers,
Nick.