[Python-ideas] Reducing language complexity

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 10:23:12 CET 2013

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the first message with "Language complexity formula" is
> deemed to be "not python related" by moderators, so this mail landed
> without necessary context. Without understanding what adds to the
> language complexity, this discussion looks useless.
> --
> anatoly t.

Hi Anatoly,

I'm the moderator who rejected your other message titled "Language
complexity formula".

To be clear, I did not write that the rejected message was "not Python
related". I wrote that it was not relevant specifically to the
Python-Ideas mailing list. As I'm sure you know, this list is for
discussing ideas for the Python language. Your message only suggested
a formula for evaluating the complexity of programming languages,
while containing no ideas or suggestions for the language itself.

If that message was intended as context for this message (titled
"Reducing language complexity"), then you should have included the
context as well as the suggestion in a single message.

To be clear, please do not post several messages which discuss the
same subject, or very similar subjects, in parallel.

Of course, you are free to add context and explanations to the
discussion as you see fit.

Regards,
- Tal Einat