[Python-ideas] Frequently Rejected Ideas Was: Deprecating rarely used str methods

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe tshepang at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 13:07:11 CEST 2013

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> Tshepang Lekhonkhobe, 10.08.2013 12:36:
>> On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>> BTW, the FAQ should go into wiki.python.org, I'd say.
>>
>> Official docs look a lot better than the (super-ugly) wiki. rST is
>> also a lot nicer to work with (or I'm just used to it).
>>
>> Anyways, what's the advantage of moving stuff to the wiki?
>
> That it can be edited by "normal" people?

So, "normal" people are those who can't be bothered to report the
issue, and propose an entry (or a fix)?

I think that extra layer does help so that a core dev can determine if
the entry actually deserves inclusion. Reporting the issue can at
least lead to that discussion. The wiki does not have that advantage
(other than that core devs have the option of  subscribing to the
page).