[Python-ideas] Error messages for shared libraries for other platform

Andrew Barnert abarnert at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 08:58:04 CEST 2013

I suspect that on most platforms, we just get a NULL return from dlopen, call dlerror, and use the error string it returns. A quick test on OS X seems to bear that out. So, short of parsing the dlerror string (or trying to parse the elf/mach-o/etc. headers ourselves), I'm not sure what we could do.

Sent from a random iPhone