[Python-ideas] Pre-PEP: adding a statistics module to Python

Michele Lacchia michelelacchia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 20:53:19 CEST 2013

I should also add that the implementation in the above-mentioned module is
very naive.

As for Steven's implementation I think it's very accurate. I have one
question though. Why there is a class for 'median' with various methods and
not one for 'stdev' and 'variance' with maybe two methods, 'population' and
'sample'? In those cases there is a problem with what __new__ should
return. It could either raise an exception or choose a default
implementation. I asked this just for consistency.

Thanks,
Michele