[Python-ideas] re-implementing Twisted for fun and profit

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Oct 15 00:45:23 CEST 2012

Shane Green wrote:

>> On 14/10/2012 6:29am, Greg Ewing wrote:
>>
>>> Once it has reported that
>>> a given file descriptor is ready, it *won't* report that file
>>> descriptor again until you do something with it.

>> Unless I have misunderstood you, the following example contradicts that:

It does indeed contradict me. It looks like this is
implementation-dependent, because I distinctly remember
encountering a bug once that I traced back to the fact
that I wasn't servicing *all* the fds reported as ready
before making another select call.

Since then I've always been careful to do that, so it's
possible that the behaviour has changed in the meantime
and I haven't noticed.

--
Greg