[Python-ideas] I have an encrypted python module format: .pye

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun May 13 17:30:39 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 2:36 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> I think Guido's analogy is bogus and wrongly suggests that encrypting
> applications just might work if you try hard enough.

Eh? I didn't mean that at all. To the contrary I meant that every
encryption can be broken but that it may still be a useful deterrent.
I wasn't aware of the detail of the OP's proposal that the key was
right in the user's environment -- but that actually has an exact
analogy in the front door example: hiding the key under the mat.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)