[Python-ideas] Posting style

Oleg Broytman phd at phdru.name
Tue Jan 10 13:13:28 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 09:53:05PM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Oleg Broytman <phd at phdru.name> wrote:
> >    I very much hope I do not embarrass the audience but people can we
> > return back to email etiquette? Inline quoting instead of top-posting,
> > proper trimming instead of overquoting, an empty line to separate quoted
> > text from the reply.
>
> Unfortunately, you're fighting against the default behaviour of many
> current email clients.

   I do this with the assumption that subscribers to python mailing
lists are developers and powerful users who understand what's good and
what's bad and can configure their software accordingly. Defaults are
for mere mortals. ;-)

> The big pain though is answering email on a (not-so-)smartphone

   I know and I can bear this particular situation. People usually don't
participate in long and complex discussions using small screen clients,
and short top-posted notes are bearable. Especially if the rest is
trimmed.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytman            http://phdru.name/            phd at phdru.name