[Python-ideas] Linking Doug's stdlib documentation to our main modules doc.

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Sat Mar 19 15:26:25 CET 2011

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:48:48 +1100
Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> But that's not my main objection. We keep the bar high for inclusion in
> the standard library, and it shouldn't offend anyone.

Has treating the documentation like the library been considered?  That
is, instead of linking to Doug's examples, assuming Doug consented,
incorporate them directly into the doc, and give Doug a commit bit so
he can maintain them. That would also solve the versioning issues, at
least to the level of "which version is the example for." Done right,
the examples should be automatically testable.

    <mike
Independent Software developer/SCM consultant, email for more information.