[Python-ideas] Linking Doug's stdlib documentation to our main modules doc.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Mar 19 04:06:21 CET 2011

On 3/18/2011 4:48 PM, Ian Bicking wrote:
> Frankly it doesn't
> matter if it's "blessed" as that doesn't incur any real benefit.

Driving traffic to a site with ads, and especially one whose content is
also available as a paid book, is a real benefit. Google's fortune is
based on that benefit.

I actually think that would be fine on wiki pages where any python
writer can add links to their stuff. I already suggested that there
could be one for module. There could also be some for statements and
builtins.

The book I am working on will discuss function def statements with
emphasis on while and for loops. I would love to have links to it in the
while, for, and def sections of the reference, but I presently would not
expect that -- only some mention in the wiki.

--
Terry Jan Reedy